At D & W Heating & Air Conditioning, we are always focused on making sure our customers’ heating and air conditioning systems are operating at maximum efficiency. Every component in an HVAC system is important to its overall functionality. This especially applies to the air filter that is being used in the unit.
How Often Should Air Filters Be Changed?
How often you change your air filter will really depend on the type of filter you have. For example, fiberglass filters should be changed after 30 days, while pleated filters will not need to be changed for 3 months or 90 days. As a general rule of thumb, we typically recommend that you try to have your filter replaced at least once a month, or somewhere between every two to three months. However, there are other factors that may influence how frequently you should change your air filter, including:
- The number of occupants that live within the home
- If you or someone in the home suffers from asthma, allergies, or other respiratory ailments
- The size of your property
- If you own a cat or dog
- The area’s overall outside air quality, i.e. if there is more smog or dust levels
If any of the above applies to you or your property you may need to replace your air filter more often, as these factors can influence the quality of your air and home comfort.
Why It's Important To Change Air Filters
There are many reasons we recommend that you change out the filters regularly, including:
- The air filter ensures that the air getting cycled into your home is clean and free of any particles or irritating allergens. Without the filter, those particles could get caught in the unit, and thus be damaging to the air conditioner.
- The air filter protects the AC unit from damage. Over time the filter will eventually need to be changed out, as more and more debris and particles are caught in it. A dirty filter does not allow the air to move freely, which prevents the system from sending air out properly.
Do You Need An Air Filter Change in Sarasota?
At D & W Heating & Air Conditioning, we have found solutions for all types of air conditioner issues. An issue with the air filter might be the most fundamental, but often is the key to resolving many problems with your AC. The wrong type of air filter, such as one that does not match the make or the model or is not the right size, could also impact the flow of air through your air conditioner. Whatever the problem might be, let our Sarasota HVAC service team take a look for you and handle the matter this spring! To get started, please give us a call today or fill out our online contact form to schedule your free estimate.
Air conditioning services can be costly. D & W Heating & Air Conditioning understands this. That is why we offer financing options and a number of coupons to our valued customers, including $69 off service calls for all new clients. Reach out to our office today to discuss your options.